Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Learning from others

I always find that I learn quite a bit from the other students at PUC. And, hopefully, my classmates learn from me as well. However, I always feel very insecure when it comes to speaking up in class. Many people feel that way, but once I go online, the insecurities melt away. I am always able to speak my mind through email, text, blogs, etc. I think it would be great if PUC had a site that enabled students to speak their minds, and get to know the other students in their classes, and throughout the campus.

We could get to know each other, share our thoughts, without having the fear of what the other person will look like once they hear what comes out of your mouth! If they laugh, roll their eyes, etc. it is behind the screen, and no one will know any different. I really think that having an SNS site for PUC students will really grow school spirit, comradery, and the learning experience.

Ok---go ahead---roll your eyes...I don't care!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree with you. Some of us don't have good speech habits; maybe we have that nervous twitch to our voice, maybe we sweat profusely or our voice squeaks, maybe we get the shakes, maybe we can't speak properly in front of a crowd, maybe we have an atrocious accent,but that changes over the Internet. Barring chatrooms or microphones, we can take our time with what we say. No one can hear how we say it or what we looked like when we typed it. The message is still there and will still be there.

    I agree about having a social site together. With stuff like Myspace and Facebook, we PUC students don't automatically have access to it. We don't even have free and open access to others who share our interest. We have to make the concentrated effort to seek kindred souls out. We even have to be accepted as friends. We often don't even know where to begin.

    With a social website designed specifically for PUC students, it could easily have a filter for majors or hobbies, allowing like-minded people to better find one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the beginning we said this was what we wanted to do as a group!!! And we did...everyone pitched in because we all know how it feels to be the odd ball as a student...everyone shared ideas and contributing feedback..now that's pretty impressive for a group project.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.